Hours of Operation
Monday – Wednesday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
The Town of Batavia reviews all properties each year as part of the annual reassessment program to maintain assessments at full market value.
On line access to property information including age, style, size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, exemptions, assessments and taxes levied by Town, County and school, can be accessed by clicking on:
- Genesee County Oars System
- RP-524 Grievance on Property Assessment Instructions and Form
- 2011 Final Assessment Roll
- 2012 Final Assessment Roll
- 2013 Assessment Final Roll
- 2014 Assessment Final Roll
- Basic Star – New Guidelines
- 2015 Final Assessment Roll
- 2016 Final Assessment Roll
- 2017 Final Assessment Roll
- 2018 Final Assessment Roll
- 2019 Final Assessment Roll
- 2020 Final Assessment Roll
March 1 – Deadline for filing exemption applications
April – Change of Assessment notices mailed…Property owners are always encouraged to make an appointment for an informal review prior to Grievance Day, if concerned with property inventory and/or value.
May 1 – Tentative Assessment roll is filed
4th Tuesday in May – Grievance Day – Board of Assessment Review (BAR) meets to hear all property complaints filed regarding assessments.
July 1 – Final Assessment Roll is filed. The assessed value for each property on the final roll is used for tax purposes for the next year.
For parcels within the Town
- STAR Program (See New York State Real Property for more information)
- STAR Application (First Time Applicants & Renewal)
- Enhanced STAR – Optional Income Verification Program
- STAR Questions
- Location of parcels
- Property ownership
- Sales Information